Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring Headaches

One of the first rides of the year unfortunatley ended up being another stressful day.
I was riding in Bear Creek on my road bike when I crashed, slid into a ditch, and totally shattered my helmet. Nothing seemed to be majorly harmed except my leg and head. Of course, I was more concerned about my bike than my physical state. I ended up hitching a ride to the pay station where we then tried to contact my brother. Unfortunatley he was on another "epic" ride and was out of cell service.... for two hours...
The park ranger was able to help me get to my car and told me not to sleep because of the minor concussion.
After eating a massive Qudoba, we headed home to meet my dad. Of course anyone who knows my dad would know he took pictures.

The leg didn't hurt too bad....


My face and head hurt the worse...
And of course I had to deal with the black eye for the next couple weeks. No fun :(
Really the most dissapointing thing was my favorite helmet was in peices...
Ah well- life will go on!
Just got back from camp in Arizona. Will post blog when I have a chance!

1 comment: