Saturday, March 7, 2009

Rollers and Bosu Ball

Hello everyone!
Just finished a week of training. The snow is coming down as I am writing this so it looks like this is going to be a long spring!

Fortunately, the weather early in the week was good, so I was able to ride on the roads! It was windy and cold, but it felt good to be on the bike outside for once. The tourists did seem to like having to deal with snow and a biker, as shown in their reactions as they passed in their gas guzzling cars.

Training is difficult when I have to find the motivation without thinking about the snow! I spent most of the week running, riding the rollers, and stretching on my new Bosu Ball!


tbs... The Office is the best show :)


Flexibility!

My training also includes driving a lot... (trying to get my license finally)

along with eating healthy,

and getting a lot of much needed sleep.

Going to Boulder to ride tomorrow! Hopefully the weather lets up this week so I may be able to ride outside some more!

3 comments:

  1. Good job kid glad to see that you are still pushing it. You are going the right direction..
    I need to get Sophia as Motivated as you.Rollers are the way to go.. Say hi to your brother when you talk to him..Keep up the good work.
    Sophia needs to be pushed(twowheelfun.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,

    Where did you get that great gray fur coat? It's so slimming on you, makes you look smarter too! Hah-hah, Yeti looks like he really knows how to drive. I didn't realize how much larger he was than Cruzy. Monster cat!

    We've got sun today--yay! It's been raining every other day so the air is incredible--it's smoggy when it doesn't rain. Max was here yesterday for 5.5 hours and we walked around town and talked about the identity of the extended self, and the atheist position on trans-human consciousness. Sounds like a mouthful, but Max is really getting into the heady stuff now. Fun! But he LOVES his bike and gets muddy riding miles and miles around town. You can ride all year here.

    I'm having fun with my graphic novel. I'm doing a chapter with telepathic princesses right now. Very fun. I finally cleared up my asthma by taking the plunge and eating nothing but raw food. I still have some allergies, but those are going away fast and not putting me down and dragging me down so much. Finally! Deep breath.

    I hope school is fun. It's a blast to be able to read a bit about what you're doing and not just hear it through your old mom! Although I'm sure R makes it very dramatic--I love listening to her, better than TV.

    hugs to the kitties and have fun riding!
    me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Yeti needs to get a workout routine going too-cat calisthenics.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete