Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Biking

Finally was able to get some quality riding last week with the Tough Girls. We rode for a good 3 and a half hours on awesome singletrack! I was so happy to be out on the trails that I was hammering the entire time. I felt great! The rest of the week passed very quickly. Freshmen and Sophmores were taking CSAP so we were able to sleep until 11 for three days! It was so much better than a regular school day. I trained in the morning and the afternoon, getting a lot of riding in. I love CSAP! We should have a schedule like that everyday! :)
Each week it has been getting hotter and hotter up here and the snow is melting like crazy. I was so ready for the trails to dry out so we could finally have spring riding. Unfortunatley Thursday rolled around, along with a HUGE winter storm. Of course, Summit High went to school and toughed out the conditions being the ONLY school in the entire state to go to school. We got to sit inside watching a raging blizzard outside for the entire day. Heaven forbid we get stuck in the snow, so they let us out a whole 30 MINUTES early... man that 30 minutes just made the biggest difference ever (Note the heavy sarcasm).

Today I was instructed to take a day off the bike by my lovely brother Kevin. However, this "day off" was spent skiing with Erik. There was some good snow, but as usual some really really annoying tourists. I have come to realise how spoiled I am when it comes to skiing. I find the snow horrible when most people are jumping for joy. I get frustrated with the "crowds" of 20 people in line. Maybe I should think again about where I live and relax. :)


Well looks like I should go out and enjoy the snow. Again. For another couple months.

Trying to think postive about biking!

Miss you Kevin!

3 comments:

  1. Suck it up skiing is easy to take for granted when it is there, it is when you leave when you miss it.
    Keep those wheels spinning.
    Go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl,

    cool new look--but POST some more!

    I love reading your stuff.


    hugs
    me

    ReplyDelete