Thursday, June 3, 2010

Switzerland Day 3 & 4

Day 3-
In the morning I woke up and rode to Schwarztsee- a little down in the heart of the mountains. It was beautiful up there, but I got lost a couple times trying to find where to go.



First race day for the Racer Bikes Cup. It was amazing just to watch the junior categories race- they were incredibly fast and incredibly strong on course. We pretty much just ran around course and watched the mega, rock, easy and hard racers. I also got to meet one of Kevin's friends Matthias Stirnemann- Swiss Junior National Champion. He had the lightest bike I have ever seen in my life!


Later that night we drove to Schwarztsee and to eat.


Day 4-
Finally it was race day in Plaffeien. We woke up super super early for a ride in order to watch the racing later that day. I was very glad I didnt not have the pre race nerves- I was nervous enough for the US boys! The first race we watched was the Junior and Amateur race with Matthias. He did very well and it was fun to watch.


Then we met up with the U23 boys team... watched them warm up and ultimately prepare for the race. Before the race started I got to see, or more or less creep on, Swiss National Champion Florien Vogel, World Champion Nino Shurter, and Olympic silver medalist Jean Christophe Peraud.


It was really cool to see the best racers in the world lining up at the start with Kevin and the rest of the boys. Unfortunatley half way through the race, it started pouring rain. Poor Kevin had to finish 6 laps on course, with the mud and crap all over the place. The rest of the Americans did pretty good- Russell did fantastic as usual and the rest trickled in behind. It was so fun to watch Kevin race and I am glad we were able to!

No comments:

Post a Comment