Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Switzerland Day 13, 14, & 15

Day 13-
We took a nice ride today up into the ski resort of Champery. It was in the same direction as Saturday but we went up a much steeper road. It was so gorgeous winding up through the fields of cows and goats! Once we reached the top the view was incredible- we could see for miles and miles!
We were also quite close to the French border so that was pretty cool to imagine :) Unfortunatley my back started hurting again... which means my spinal injections did not work :( I was upset but I tried pushing through it- in the end I turned around shortly after Ben and headed home. I would rather see it better and try to rest. Later that night we planned to go swimming in the river again and invited the Rabobank team. Only two of them were man enought to stick out the rain and go with us :) It was a blast and Ellen and I dunked ourselves several times in the river- SO COLD! :D Tomorrow is the last day in Champery.. hope it is a good one! :D
Day 14-
Last ride in Champery! It was quite sad that we were leaving the beautiful Swiss Alps but I was also excited to travel to Germany. We rode over by the race course- up above it actually and did some intervals. We ended up going to this steeeeeep climb that was unridable for most of us! (not Gino!) It is just amazing how steep the road was because it went up to a little town in the mountains. That got us wondering how their winters were :) On the way down I saw a Chamois- a very rare Swiss goat. It was exciting but when I stopped it was too late for anyone else to see it. Down at the race course we did some technical work and saw the British national team. After a long day we packed up our bags and got ready for the long drive in the morning.

Day 15- Drive to Germany
Today we drove to Germany! As exciting as it sounds.... I slept the whole way :) It felt like a really short drive and we were in German speaking towns in no time. I completely forgot about the World Cup until we reached Albstadt. There were German flags EVERYWHERE you looked. You can definatley see that their country takes a lot of pride in its sports. We reached our new home- it was actually a hotel like farm. There were stables with over 30 horses, goats, pigs, bunnies, cats, and even wierd crazy chickens! Ellen and I had a blast saying hi to every single horse we could find.
After a short walk, we had dinner- a full three course meal- with a very yummy ice cream dessert. Ellen and I went out to the horses again and got yelled at by an evil German woman. Wish I knew this language better... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment